Designed for the web, Financials for Office 365 powered by Microsoft Dynamics is a true cloud solution on a pay-as-you-go subscription model that can be delivered directly or through an accredited partner network.
Financials for Office 365 is committed to protecting the privacy and personal information it collects and receives. This policy seeks to explain the types of personal information Financials for Office 365 collects, how we use it and to whom we share it. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and explain your rights in relation to the personal information we collect from you and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us when you use our products or services, make a purchase, apply of a job, phone us or visit us on our web site. The types of information we will collect about could include:
3. How do we collect personal information?
- your name, gender, postal and street address, telephone and facsimile numbers;
- your email and Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- if you apply for a job at Financials for Office 365 we will collect information in your application for employment, including your covering letter, resume, qualifications and education, contact details and referee reports;
- your credit card or other payment details; and
- any other information that we will notify you about.
Financials for Office 365 collects information when it is necessary for one or more of our activities. Personal information is collected in a number of different ways including:
- orders for our products and services;
- email, telephone, letters and facsimile, SMS;
- event registration;
- employment applications;
- requests for brochures or to join our mailing list for further information about our products and services;
- when you visit our website, (clause 10 Collection of Information through our website); or
- use of our social media.
In some situations we collect personal information about you from a third party source in order to ensure that we can fully provide you with products and services. These third parties include:
4. The purpose for which we collect, hold, use information
- Third party service providers and acquired contact lists. When we do so we ask the vendors to confirm that the information was legally acquired by the third party and that we have the right to obtain it from them and use it;
- A person authorised to provide us this information on your behalf;
- Organisations who engage us to provide you with our services; and
- Persons or organisations who we engage with as reasonably necessary for us to administer and continue to develop and improve our programs and services.
The reason we collect, hold and use personal information is to provide you our products and services, training and information about such products and services and manage our relationship and communication with you. Additionally we may need to:
- establish your identity for access to our systems;
- process and assess employment applications;
- perform internal statistical analysis ;
- process your payment transactions; or
- perform data aggregation tools over our databases for statistical, trend and usage purposes.
5. The Information we may share
We will use and disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main reasons we collect it.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or otherwise as we disclosed to you unless :
- it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety or any of our customers, any member of the public or our interests; or
- it is required by financial institutions for invoicing or payment processing;
- We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We engage some third party contractors to perform services for us, which may involve us disclosing, and the contractor handling, personal information we hold. In these circumstances we will prohibit stipulate that the third party contractor from using will not use personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
We may also use the information we collect to keep you abreast of changes to our website and to inform you about new products and services that you might find worthwhile.
We only provide others with information that would identify you if it is necessary to provide you with the service or information that you requested, you have agreed to us providing it to them or it is already publicly available information.
In rare circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information we hold about you to others without your agreement due to legal proceedings, for example, a subpoena, search warrant or order of a court or tribunal.
6. Anonymity and Pseudonymity
We will provide individuals with the option to not identify themselves, or use a pseudonym, when dealing with us if it is lawful and practicable to do so.
If you do not provide us with your personal information when requested, we may not be able to respond to your request to provide you with the product or service that you seek.
7. Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information, specifically your name and address to let you know about our products and services and those of third party partners, contractors or suppliers of Financials for Office 365.
We may contact you in a number of ways for direct marketing purposes including by mail, email, SMS, telephone, online advertising and facsimile. By providing us with your personal information you consent to Financials for Office 365 or our partners contacting you for marketing purposes unless you notify us in accordance with our opt out clause (clause 8 Opting Out
8. Opting Out
You can opt out at any time from receiving our direct marketing information by:
9. What would happen if we did not collect your personal information
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our commercial electronic messages;
- contacting Financials for Office 365 Privacy Officer (clause 16 Contact); or
- advising us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive such calls. [There are new provisions in our Fair Trading Act relating to uninvited direct sales, which involve situations where a business telephones a person to try to sell goods or services to them. These rules only apply to consumers though and not business customers. If Financials for Office 365 may sell to consumers in this way (we have assumed they won't and they only deal with business customers) there are specific disclosure requirements that need to be complied with.]
Without your personal information we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our products or services. We may not be able to contact you or otherwise interact with you to provide you with support and updates about our products and services.
10. Collection of information through our website
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user's previous activity.
Cookies that are used in any part of our website will not be utilised for collecting personally identifiable information and will only be used for internal management purposes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you.
A web beacon is a clear picture file that is placed on a website
or in an e-mail
that is used to monitor the behavior of the user
visiting the website or sending the e-mail. When the HTML
code for the Web beacon points to a site to retrieve the image, at the same time it can pass along information such as the IP address
of the computer that retrieved the image, the time the Web beacon was viewed and for how long, the type of browser
that retrieved the image and previously set cookie values.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by 3rd parties. These linked sites are not under our control and Financials for Office 365 is not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use or distribute personal information you provide.
11. Cross border disclosure of personal information
Financials for Office 365 operates in a number of international jurisdictions, including Australia, the Philippines and the United States of America. We may need to share some of your information with organisations outside New Zealand which are located in the following countries:
· United States of America.
We may store your information in the cloud or on other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held.
12. Security of Information held
Financials for Office 365 holds personal information in a number of ways, including electronic databases, email contact lists, Customer Relationship Management database and in paper files (locked away where appropriate).
Security bins are provided for the disposal of confidential and personal, written information.
Financials for Office 365 takes steps to secure the personal information we hold including the use of firewalls, anti-virus software and login and password protection, secure office access, training and workplace policies.
Financials for Office 365 will only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel, and it is a condition of employment that Financials for Office 365 employees maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
Where practical we keep information only for as long as required, to meet our legal requirements and our internal needs.
13. Accessing your personal information
If at any time you want to know what personal information Financials for Office 365 holds about you, you can access your record by contacting the Financials for Office 365 Privacy Officer (clause 16 Contact
). We will in most cases provide an individual access to their personal information. There are some exceptions where this access may be denied, where:
- providing access may have an unreasonable impact of the privacy of other individuals;
- providing access would be unlawful or would be likely to prejudice legal proceedings;
- providing details would reveal intentions of Financials for Office 365 in relation to negotiations with an individual and prejudice those negotiations;
- providing details would prejudice Financials for Office 365 with a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- we reasonably believe that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- we are not permitted otherwise by the privacy act to do so.
Financials for Office 365 will provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our databases, or with copies of records which are held only on paper files. If you request information in a different format we will give you access in this manner if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
14. Correcting your personal information
If you believe that personal information about you is incorrect, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please provide Financials for Office 365 Privacy Officer with your request for correction (clause 16 Contact
For security reasons, you will be required to put your request in writing and provide proof of your identity before accessing your personal information.
15. Privacy Complaints
If you wish to complain about how Financials for Office 365 has collected or handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (clause 16 Contact
Once we have your complaint we will respond to your request within a reasonable period, usually 30 days.
If you are unhappy with our response or if we fail to respond in a timely manner you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
This policy was last updated on 19.02.2015.